Gilding and Decorative Painting Books
1. Gilding by Jane Laferia. Easy techniques and elegant projects with gold leaf.
ITEM # REBGI Suggested List Price $17.95
2. Professional Painted Finishes - A Guide To Art and Business Decorative Painting by Ina Brosseau Marx, Allen Marx & Robert Marx. Contains over 500 colorplates of decorative painting.
ITEM # REBPF Suggested List Price $45.00
3. Gilding, The Glory of Gold by Sue Trytell. A contemporary approach to gilding with instructions for household items.
ITEM # REBG12 Suggested List Price $17.95
4. Gilding for the Home - Decorating With Gold Silver and Metal Leaf by Liz Wagstaff. A practical course on gilding with gold,silver and metal.
ITEM # REGH Suggested List Price $12.95
5. Gold Leaf Techniques Fourth Edition by Kent H. Smith, from original by Raymond Leblanc. The ultimate book in gold leafing instructions. The causes,prevention and solutions to common gilding problems are covered.
ITEM# REBGT Suggested List Price $39.95
Gilding and Decorative Painting Videos
With the appropriate brushes, you can make a piece of wood look like an imported piece of marble or an expensive type of exotic wood. The videos, which serve as a companion to the book Professional Painted Finishes - A Guide To Art and Business Decorative Painting by Ina Brosseau Marx, Allen Marx & Robert Marx, are the equivalent of twelve eight hour days of intensive instruction. Not only do they provide you with step-by-step instruction, they also elaborate on the understanding and analysis of the technique.
"FINISHING SCHOOL" Videos (Suggested List Price $50.00)
Marbling I - [1 hour 22 min.] The serpentine marbles: (Verde Issorie; Tinos Green; Red Levanto and Verde Antico) Rosso Verona and French Grand Antique. ITEM # REVM1
Marbling II - [1 hr.23 min.] Theory, analysis and techniques for veins and drifts: Calacattas; Norwegian Rose; Yellow Sienna and Portoro (Black and Gold). ITEM # REVM2
Marbling & Stones - [1 hr. 45 min.] Malachite; The Travertines; Unpolished Stone; Rasotica; Granites; French Rose and Botticino. ITEM # REVMS
Graining I - [1 hr.] Theory, analysis and techniques for straight and heart grain, crossfire and knots; Zebrawood; Macasser Ebony, Orientalwood; English Quartered Oak; Harewood; Bird'd Eye Maple; American Oak and Rosewood. ITEM # REVG1
Graining II - [1 hr. 35 min.] Theory, analysis and techniques for Mahogany - straight ribbon & crotch figures; Satinwood - straight ribbon & crotch figures; Burls, and Country Graining. ITEM # REVG2
Glazing - [1 hr. 45 min.] Theory, analysis and techniques for surface preparation; technical properties of glazes; rag rolling; strie; single and multi-layer; pearlescent and metallic powders; novelty effects and problem-solving possibilities. ITEM #REVGL
Color - [1hr. 15 min.] Theory, analysis, matching and mixing; color perception; hue, value and chroma; color in interior design and problem-solving. ITEM # REVCO
Water Gilding - [2 hrs.] A new step-by-step video geared toward the beginner, which provides an overview to gilding through explanation and demonstration.
ITEM # REVWG Suggested List Price $55.00 (not part of the "Finishing School" series).
Home LUCO Products Genuine Gold Leaf Imitation Gold Leaf
Magic Leaf Artist/Craft/Decorative Brushes Bronze Powders Glitter
Copyright 2005, Leo Uhlfelder Co. 420 South Fulton Ave, Mount Vernon, NY 10553